Downloadable data, to be viewed in GeoVisu
- OpenStreetMap data
project aims to create and provide free geographic.
OSM data are for now under
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence.
The page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Planet
tells you where to download data in OSM XML format.
(complete planet.osm has a size of 8,9 Gb zipped !).
You will have to unzip files
to be able to display them with GeoVisu, since GeoVisu does not support bz2
can display correctly .osm files up to 2 Gb
You can also
to OpenStreetMap projet with your GPS receiver(s)... !
- NGA Raster Roam (ex GeoEngine)
- lets you view and export satellite images
(DOI - Digital Orthorectified Imagery)
from 1990s and with resolution 10m per pixel.
Select first Digital Orthorectified Imagery 10 meter
in "Desired Product Level".
Then, aelect an area using the interactive map,
and last choose GeoTiff in "Select an Output type",
to get a file that is immediately usable in GeoVisu.
Despitely, export is possible only for small areas.
A large part of Northen hemisphere is available.
- ESDI data
- (explanations at
Travel by GPS
- Numerous waypoints and tracklog files, mainly in format GPX.
- Waypoints, tracklogs and maps archive in format GTM (especially Brazil).
Sites dealing with GPS
- Everything concerning GPS, news and forums.
- German shop for mobile PC and GPS solutions.
Last update : 03-APR-2009